Fruit Ninja at Midnight: The Little Things in a Place Far, Far Away

I like to think I handle stress very well (meanwhile, my current roommates are laughing their heads off). But the thing is: I do. Just when it’s on my terms. If I’m on my turf, whether it be in Wisconsin or Boston, I can tackle problems pretty well.

This is to say that when I hopped on a plane and was smacked with a new campus, new set of roommates, new schedule…well, new everything, I definitely got knocked back a few notches.

And honestly, it’s really irritating.

A lot of people talk about “culture shock” but thus far, it hasn’t really been discussed at the castle. In fact, I don’t even think this has much to do with the “culture” as much as the “castle.” So, “castle-shock” if you will.

Not to rant, just to share my thoughts. I feel as though everyone at the castle is definitely dealing with some issues – whether it be homesickness, class stress, or just general traveling mania. And in the same breath, I feel like for the most part, everyone’s handling them pretty well. And me…well, I’m learning. So here are a few of my recent de-stressers to make castle life a little less shocking. :]







Oddly enough, this is my favorite:

The little things make a big difference – who knew?

Labels: ,