Back in Blonde: A Look at the Black Hair Period

So I've had black hair for about seven years. I dyed it right before ninth grade - went all out, the straight up 001 color that you can pick on the wheel. And kept it. For all that time. Most people who know me have never seen my natural hair. Before the "big reveal," I figured I should show everyone just how far I've come...

hair5sophomore year?: This is one of the oldest photos on my facebook (ah, where we get all the embarrassing fuel...) and I have no idea what I was doing. I think the back was short so I could spike it? But long bangs that were constantly in my face? I don't understand. Also, I still have that shirt.

hair4
beginning of junior year?: I had progressed to pigtails. Note the candy bead bracelets, neon eyeliner, and Jasper-from-Twilight shirt. I don't want to talk about it.

hair3
midway senior year?: the longest I can ever remember my hair being, ever. I hated it. I don't know why I kept it long but WHY DID NO ONE EXPLAIN LAYERS TO ME.

hair2freshman year of college: ah, yes, improvement. I have discovered layers, conditioner, and how to properly use a straightening iron. I got compared to Justin Beiber a lot.

hair1sophomore year: chopped most of it off - I liked being able to spike it up occasionally, but for most of Europe, it lay flat. And that swoop got more and more obnoxious by the day.

and...

IMG_1417

junior year: what? blonde? why would I ever do that?

I'm honestly not that sure. One day...it just...grew. And I liked it. And I figured the years of horrid 001 tint hair were probably over.

[Just wait 'til I dye it pink.]

Labels: , ,