Sunshine Award: Why Sabrina is the Best

Remember how I said I never get tagged in these things? Well Sabrina is the biggest sweetheart and tagged me again! So I get to answer these questions, ask a bunch more, and tag other people. Hoo-ray :]
the rules.
You have to post a picture of the Sunshine award in the blog post.
Post 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers.
Write 11 questions for them to answer.
Also let the bloggers you nominated know you have nominated them.

here are my eleven facts.
1. I lived in the rural Midwest for my whole life before moving to Boston. The change was good and bad for a number of reasons, but I love Wisconsin more than most places...
2. I'm a writing major, thus the blog. Sometimes Z Takes Pictures started the beginning of last summer when I was bored and had no friends in a different city. Hooray!
3. All time favorite foods: french fries,  sun dried tomato and basil crackers, and anything with barbeque sauce.
4. I watch an unhealthy amount of trash television - Say Yes to the Dress, GirlCode, anything that's pretty vapid but still interesting. It's my way of cleansing my mind, if that makes any sense.
5. I'm currently a captain of a quidditch team (yes...muggle quidditch) and a managing editor of my school's music magazine. Both of these I've wanted since freshman year and it's an incredible position to be in.
6. My biggest goal of the summer was to decorate my room completely by mid-August. It's October and I'm just getting curtains. This says a lot about me.
7. When I'm not actively dressing up/trying to look cute, I live in American Eagle super stretch skinny jeans (all the stretch of the jegging but with real pockets!) and band t-shirts.
8. Each year, my mother makes me a Halloween costume for college. Freshman year I was Reptar, sophomore year I went as a cow, and this year I'm doing Sully from Monsters Inc. There will be photos.
9. I have a stupid amount of animal slippers. I get a pair every year for Christmas and have giraffes, puppies, platypusses...
10. I'm such a pop punk kid at heart - Fall Out Boy, Blink 182, Panic! at the Disco - those are all my jams. If you can't tell from my TUNESdays...
11. I live off a giant calendar (like, four feet across) in my room and a ton of post-it notes. Weird organization, but it works. 

here are my answers. 
If you won the lottery (or had a large sum of money handed to you) what would you do with it?
Ew, is it lame if I say something like rent or student loans? In all honesty, I'm sort of a saver, so I'd probably stash it somewhere. Are mattresses out of style?

Why do you blog/what made you start blogging?
Gah, I try so hard to answer this all the time and my answer is always a little different. Mostly, I use it as an outlet to write and read besides just literature books all the time. I'm also terrible at keeping a journal, so I want this to act as one...sort of?

Do you have a certain blogging schedule you keep to or do you just blog when it "feels right"? 
I always share some new song on TUNESday (Tuesdays...), so that's already built into my schedule. Then, I usually try to post two or three other times throughout the week. Sometimes that happens...sometimes not...

What's your best blogging advice? How do you promote your blog/link ups/giveaways you are doing?
Whelp, don't have a lot! Mostly I would just say "write good and they will come." Not very poetic, but it's what I've found. Promotion? Usually I just rely on sponsor clicks, but recently I'm exploring Twitter and Pinterest as options. 

How did you get your blogs name? 
I actually /hated/ Sometimes Z Takes Pictures as a name at first and used it more as a "working title" back when I started in May of 2012. I guess it stuck!

What type of blog posts do you find yourself reading more often? (Personal posts, reviews, etc)
I really like posts about a blogger's random day - something funny that happened at work, a reflection of a cool vacation, stuff like that. Granted, I'm also a huge fan of fashion/running/roundups...I'm all over the place!

Do you wear makeup? If so, what's your favorite item of makeup?
Yes ma'm I do! I'm a huge fan of liquid pen liner and black mascara...staples, but easy!

What's a goal you want to achieve in the next five years? Name a few if you have them!
Oh gosh...no idea. I'd love to keep blogging, I'd love to have a job, I'd love to be surrounded by friends I care about...is that a good answer? Something like it?

Describe your dream job.
Probably working in an office related to music, either through a record label or a music magazine. I'd also love to try touring as a crew member.

What is your love language?
When I took the test back in high school, I had a direct mix of Words and Time and I think that's pretty accurate still!

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Gosh, the worst/best question ever! Probably London, if I could choose anywhere. 

the bloggers I'm tagging.
1. Annie from Major Sheanniegans
2. Charlotte from Midnight Caramel
3. Jess from Bookworms in Dresses
4. Jenny from MagicCatJenny
5. Allie from Call Me Sassafras
6. Caroline from Perpetually Caroline
7. Amanda from The Lady Okie
8. Somya from SomiGee
9. Deanna from Don't Panic Deanna
10. Summer from OhSummerCandy
11. YOU! By all means, do this and link up. I'd love to see the answers. :]

my questions.
1. How do you read blogs? Morning/afternoon/evening? All at once? Sporadically?
2. What's one item from your childhood that you've held onto?
3. What are you going as for Halloween?
4. Are you a big accessory person? What's your favorite to wear?
5. If you could hop on a plane and go anywhere for a week, where would you go?
6. What wakes you up in the morning?
7. Socks, slippers, or bare feet?
8. Do you have any tattoos? Do you want any?
9. If you could have lunch with any famous person, alive or dead, who would you choose?
10. What's your favorite season? Why?
11. What's your current obsession?