Well, It's Kind of a Funny Story: Getting there.

Here I am. I made it. However, my anti-virus software didn't so I'm making do in the computer lab on an XP...the sacrifies. I also only have about six minutes until dinner, so this might be a short post.

I figured I'd be better off splitting this into a few different posts: how I got to the castle, my initial impressions, and then slowly exploring the main castle, my MASSIVE tower room, the actual village of Well, and so on. So first, I show you the wonders of Logan airport.

[caption id="attachment_168" align="alignleft" width="300"] Eighty students + check in = a lot of waiting around.[/caption]

Our flight was to leave at 7.10, so naturally we got to the airport at 3.30. Getting eighty people through security and check-in was interesting to say the least, but we weathered pretty well. The best was realizing there was an extra scale, so we could attempt to weigh our bags before we were put on pressure at the station. I had to manuever eight pounds out of Wilbur, mostly in shoes and toiletries, but it finally weighed in at EXACTLY fifty pounds.

Next was the security scramble, a quick passport check, and the short wait in the terminal. We boarded in due time, though trying to squeeze all of our brimming carryons into an already full plane was a hassle (and resulted in a seventy year old woman yelling at me, but that's for another post).

[caption id="attachment_170" align="alignright" width="200"] Wilbur, Charles, and Henry.[/caption]

Then, the worst part: the actual flight. Seven hours that was eventually whittled down to six, though it didn't feel like it. I tried SO HARD to sleep, so hard in fact that I was accidentally skipped for both lunch and dinner since they didn't want to "wake me." However, my itchy nose stopped me from actually getting any shut-eye. This was all the funnier when we all trundled off the plane, retrieved our luggage, shot through customs, loaded the buses only to be told that we needed to stay awake to avoid jet lag. I completely disregarded this and did my best to take an awkward nap on Henry during the ride.

Yet, it was all worth it when we finally pulled into Well...

but hey, I can't spoil the next post for you, can I?


Labels: ,